Thursday, June 21, 2012

BEAUTY BLOG: Do's/Don'ts For Audition Makeup

Read our very first beauty blog with do's and don'ts for audition makeup by Nicole Bulcher.


Audition scrutiny has moved to the big screen!

During the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader tryouts that took place at Cowboys Stadium, the huge HD video board amplified everything from pores to lipstick to huge false lashes. Some comments I heard during makeovers included:

1. Don't wear so much mascara on top of your fake lashes (if you wear them) because it could come across "tarantula-like" on the big screen.
2. Steer clear of bright fuchsia lipstick because the video board likes to change that color to a dark purple, which is only acceptable when you are under the age of six, drinking grape Kool-Aid in the summer.
3. Lean toward matte eye shadows because too much shimmer can look like glitter when amplified on 9,000 square feet.
4. Get glammed up but avoid bright blue eye shadow, blood red lips and glitter.
5. Also, don't wear your hair up; wear it down and pretty. I had to practice my solo with my hair down because it definitely feels weird when you're not accustomed to it.

During training camp, I wore TIGI's Glamma Liquid Foundation in "Bisque," sealed with the Glamma Powder in "Entice" because that combination provides jumbo-tron-proof-pore coverage! I also added plenty of color under my cheekbones with the TIGI Player Blush in "Cheeky." This blush is also matte and matches my overall look.

For the eyes, I used the Big Fat Fun eyeliner in Black because it doesn't budge and the Cyberoptics eyeshadows in taupe and brown. I like to keep my lips neutral because the focus and attention is on my eyes. I used the Girls Just Want It lipstick in "Trust" because it's a deep nude with a hint of pink.
It was fun getting dolled up for auditions. Now, it's on to training camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment