Thursday, June 21, 2012

Farewell From Ann: 2 Year Veteran

Written By Ann Lux:

Hi fans!

Before we know it, auditions will be under way and a new season will begin. As retiring cheerleaders, we have been asked to write an article reflecting on our DCC experiences and sharing our future plans.
In December, I will marry my best friend, Will Middlebrooks. We are from the same hometown and have known each other since we were 12 years old. He plays baseball for the Boston Red Sox organization, and we are approaching our fourth season together. This year I am looking forward to traveling with him, beginning my life as a baseball wife, and being his personal cheerleader.


Now that you know a little about my fiancé, I will share a little about my bridesmaids. At the first meeting of my rookie training camp, Kelli told us to "Look around the room because some of these girls will be your bridesmaids." How did she know? I have six bridesmaids and four are my DCC sisters: Lauren Williams, Melissa Kellerman, Mia Greenhouse and Brittany Evans! They have been a special part of my life for the past two years and I love each one for a different reason. I can't imagine getting married without them standing by my side.




As I am ending one chapter of my life and starting a new one, I would like to leave a few words with my DCC family.

To the remaining wolf pack: You have made this year so much fun! From blasting music in the locker room on game day, to writing inspirational quotes to each other, to dancing with straight arms and running around acting crazy, I have truly enjoyed every minute being a part of our group.

Continue to spread positivity and joy to everyone around you! We will forever be the wolf pack!





To the rookies: You have so much to look forward to as a DCC veteran! Although it is a huge responsibility, it will be such a proud moment. Realize that each of you has a specific role. Embrace who you are and don't be afraid to share yourself with the team. Enjoy the honor of representing our organization as a veteran. I know you can't wait for the first time Kelli and Judy look at the training camp candidates and say, "Now, let's watch how our veterans do it!"


To Ally Traylor: You have had the pleasure of being my group leader the past two years! :-) But in all seriousness, you have been such an incredible leader for my two seasons as a DCC. I've never met someone so intelligent, caring, talented, poised and respectable. I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to learn from the best.

To Katelyn, Cheryl, Dan and the rest of the office staff: Thank you for everything you do for us. You work so hard and I want you to know that you are appreciated. From scheduling appearances, to working with clients, to planning every event, you make the wheels of this organization turn and we couldn't do it without you. Thank you!

To Kelli and Judy: I can't thank you enough for this amazing opportunity. Thank you for taking a chance on me, and most of all thank you for believing in me. I have grown so much from this experience, and I will always look back on this time of my life and SMILE! ;)

Through being a DCC, I have learned so much about myself. Since the first day of auditions, I put myself in a position to be judged by millions of people, and I have learned to take every judgment and correction with respect and gratitude. From this experience I have learned what it is to be a lady. It has been said that "diamonds are made under pressure." My experience has held true to this quote.

Love and cheers always,
Ann Lux

No comments:

Post a Comment